This vanilla flan tastes simply amazing in combination with the salted caramel.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
For 4 people
A wonderful dessert for all those who want to conjure up something extraordinary on the table. This vanilla flan tastes simply unbelievably good in combination with the salty caramel.
• 250g uncooled QimiQ
• 7 tablespoons of powdered sugar
• enough vanilla extract
• 200g creme fraîche Cream caramel
• 150g sugar
• 0.5 dl of water
• 1 tbsp (salted) butter
• Bora Bora Sea Salt pure
• 0.5-1 dl single cream depending on the desired creaminess of the caramel
1. Stir the uncooled QimiQ until smooth
2. Add vanilla extract, powdered sugar and creme fraîche, mix well
3. Fill the mixture into pudding molds and place in the refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight
4. Make the caramel before serving: Put the sugar in a clean, dry pan and let it melt on medium heat - be careful! be careful not to burn the sugar
5. When the sugar has melted, pour in the water and add the butter at the same time - be careful! it can splash and sugar is very hot!
6. The sugar is now lumpy again, melt the mixture again on a medium setting while stirring constantly, add a little salt
7. As soon as the caramel is liquid again, add as much cream as you want. Then take the pan off the heat and let the caramel cool down
8. Turn the cooled flan out, pour cold caramel over it and sprinkle with fleur de sel